Flexitank 250,000 litre pillow tanks offer environmental benefits to hydraulic fracturing industry
Flexitank is excited to announce the release of newly designed pillow tanks for the hydraulic fracturing industry (better known as fracking). Flexitank Frac Tanks hold up to 250,000 litres (66,043 USG) and shipping costs to site are reduced by up to 96% thanks to the nature of a flexible bladder, which folds down to 1/10th of its filled size.
Importantly, there are environmental benefits to using these tanks. In a heavily regulated industry, Flexitank Frac Tanks provide all fracking companies with the ability to store vast amounts of water, significantly reduce their carbon footprint, and work towards leaving above ground sites virtually untouched.
The environmental benefits to the fracking industry are highlighted through the following assessment of current water storage devices:
- Standard size of a Flexitank Frac Tank is 15 x 15 metres with a filled height of 1.3 metres
- One tank can hold up to 250,000 litres (66,043 USG). (Customised sizes are also available)
- One semi-truck could transport 18 unfilled Flexitank Frac Tanks with a combined storage capacity of an impressive 4,500,000 litres (1,188,774 USG) once deployed
- This level of storage replaces approximately 27,017 drums of water
- It would take 60 trucks 228 return trips to transport the same storage capacity of 500 BBL steel tanks
These numbers represent a very significant reduction in the carbon footprint of any mine site, which, with the current sensitivities surrounding hydraulic fracturing, is extremely important.
Every Flexitank Frac Tank is supplied with a ground sheet, berm liners, manifold systems, and repair kit as part of the standard accessory offering from Flexitank. Importantly, no site preparation is required on level sites.
For more information on the new range, hit us up on email or give us an old fashioned phone call on +61 (0) 3 9548 4700 and discover the many benefits of the Flexitank Frac Tank range.